Sunday, May 26, 2019

Matins of Pentecost Monday

(Kneeling, make the Sign of the Cross)
In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.

Amen.


Lord, open my lips

and my mouth will proclaim thy praise.

Amen.


(Here, announce the day, e.g. the Second Monday after Pentecost. Feast days are announced at first vespers.)


Verse (Here the individual may sit, or stand if the verse is from the Gospel. On high holy days, the verse is said at first vespers.)


Psalm 118 D, E, F


DALETH
My soul hath cleaved to the pavement: quicken thou me according to thy word.
I have declared my ways, and thou hast heard me: teach me thy justifications. Make me to understand the way of thy justifications: and I shall be exercised in thy wondrous works. My soul hath slumbered through heaviness: strengthen thou me in thy words. Remove from me the way of iniquity: and out of thy law have mercy on me. I have chosen the way of truth: thy judgments I have not forgotten.
I have stuck to thy testimonies, O Lord: put me not to shame. I have run the way of thy commandments, when thou didst enlarge my heart. 
HE
Set before me for a law the way of thy justifications, O Lord: and I will always seek after it. Give me understanding, and I will search thy law; and I will keep it with my whole heart. Lead me into the path of thy commandments; for this same I have desired.
Incline my heart into thy testimonies and not to covetousness. Turn away my eyes that they may not behold vanity: quicken me in thy way. Establish thy word to thy servant, in thy fear. Turn away my reproach, which I have apprehended: for thy judgments are delightful. Behold I have longed after thy precepts: quicken me in thy justice.
VAU
Let thy mercy also come upon me, O Lord: thy salvation according to thy word. So shall I answer them that reproach me in any thing; that I have trusted in thy words. And take not thou the word of truth utterly out of my mouth: for in thy words have I hoped exceedingly. So shall I always keep thy law, for ever and ever. And I walked at large: because I have sought after thy commandments.

And I spoke of thy testimonies before kings: and I was not ashamed. I meditated also on thy commandments, which I loved. And I lifted up my hands to thy commandments, which I loved: and I was exercised in thy justifications. 
(Stand)The Apocalypse of St. John, 2:8-11 

And to the angel of the church of Smyrna write: These things saith the First and the Last, who was dead, and is alive: I know thy tribulation and thy poverty, but thou art rich: and thou art blasphemed by them that say they are Jews and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan. Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer. Behold, the devil will cast some of you into prison that you may be tried: and you shall have tribulation ten days. Be thou faithful until death: and I will give thee the crown of life.

He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith to the churches: He that shall overcome, shall not be hurt by the second death. 

(Stand)

Apostles' Creed 

I believe in God,

the Father Almighty,
Creator of heaven and earth,
and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord,
who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,
born of the Virgin Mary,
suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, died and was buried;
He descended into hell;
on the third day He rose again from the dead;
He ascended into heaven,
and is seated at the right hand of God the Father Almighty;
from there He will come to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit,
the Holy Catholic Church,
the communion of Saints,
the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body,
and life everlasting.

Our Father


Our Father, who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done
On Earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation
and deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Angelic Salutation

Hail Mary, full of grace. The Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.


Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death.


Dismissal
May the Lord bless us, protect us from all evil and bring us to everlasting life.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment