Thursday, May 30, 2019

Matins of Pentecost Tuesday

(Kneeling, make the Sign of the Cross)
In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.

Amen.

Lord, open my lips
and my mouth will proclaim thy praise.

Amen.

Announcement: Tuesday after Pentecost

Verse
To him that overcometh, I will give the hidden manna

Psalm 118 G, H, I

ZAIN

Be thou mindful of thy word to thy servant, in which thou hast given me hope. This hath comforted me in my humiliation: because thy word hath enlivened me. The proud did iniquitously altogether: but I declined not from thy law. I remembered, O Lord, thy judgments of old: and I was comforted. A fainting hath taken hold of me, because of the wicked that forsake thy law. Thy justifications were the subject of my song, in the place of my pilgrimage. In the night I have remembered thy name, O Lord: and have kept thy law.

This happened to me: because I sought after thy justifications.

HETH

O Lord, my portion, I have said, I would keep the law. I entreated thy face with all my heart: have mercy on me according to thy word. I have thought on my ways: and turned my feet unto thy testimonies. I am ready, and am not troubled: that I may keep thy commandments.

The cords of the wicked have encompassed me: but I have not forgotten thy law. I rose at midnight to give praise to thee; for the judgments of thy justification. I am a partaker with all them that fear thee, and that keep thy commandments. The earth, O Lord, is full of thy mercy: teach me thy justifications.

TETH

Thou hast done well with thy servant, O Lord, according to thy word.

Teach me goodness and discipline and knowledge; for I have believed thy commandments. Before I was humbled I offended; therefore have I kept thy word. Thou art good; and in thy goodness teach me thy justifications. The iniquity of the proud hath been multiplied over me: but I will seek thy commandments with my whole heart. Their heart is curdled like milk: but I have meditated on thy law.

It is good for me that thou hast humbled me, that I may learn thy justifications. The law of thy mouth is good to me, above thousands of gold and silver.


The Apocalypse of St. John 2:12-17

And to the angel of the church of Pergamus write: These things, saith he, that hath the sharp two edged sword: I know where thou dwellest, where the seat of Satan is: and thou holdest fast my name, and hast not denied my faith. Even in those days when Antipas was my faithful witness, who was slain among you, where Satan dwelleth. But I have against thee a few things: because thou hast there them that hold the doctrine of Balaam, who taught Balac to cast a stumbling block before the children of Israel, to eat, and to commit fornication: So hast thou also them that hold the doctrine of the Nicolaites.

In like manner do penance: if not, I will come to thee quickly, and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth. He, that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith to the churches: To him that overcometh, I will give the hidden manna, and will give him a white counter, and in the counter, a new name written, which no man knoweth, but he that receiveth it.

(Stand)
Apostles' Creed
 

I believe in God,
the Father Almighty,
Creator of heaven and earth,
and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord,
who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,
born of the Virgin Mary,
suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, died and was buried;
He descended into hell;
on the third day He rose again from the dead;
He ascended into heaven,
and is seated at the right hand of God the Father Almighty;
from there He will come to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit,
the Holy Catholic Church,
the communion of Saints,
the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body,
and life everlasting.

Amen.

Our Father

Our Father, who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come, thy will be done
On Earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation
and deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Dismissal
May the Lord bless us, protect us from all evil and bring us to everlasting life.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment