Saturday, June 1, 2019

Matins of Pentecost Friday

(Kneeling, make the Sign of the Cross)
In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.

Amen.

Lord, open my lips
and my mouth will proclaim thy praise.

Amen.

Announcement: The Friday after Pentecost

Verse: Behold, I have opened a door before thee and no man can shut it.

Psalm 118 P, Q, R


AIN

I have done judgment and justice: give me not up to them that slander me. Uphold thy servant unto good: let not the proud calumniate me. My eyes have fainted after thy salvation: and for the word of thy justice. Deal with thy servant according to thy mercy: and teach me thy justifications. I am thy servant: give me understanding that I may know thy testimonies.

It is time, O Lord, to do: they have dissipated thy law. Therefore have I loved thy commandments above gold and the topaz. Therefore was I directed to all thy commandments: I have hated all wicked ways.

PHE 

Thy testimonies are wonderful: therefore my soul hath sought them. The declaration of thy words giveth light: and giveth understanding to little ones.

I opened my mouth and panted: because I longed for thy commandments. Look thou upon me, and have mercy on me, according to the judgment of them that love thy name. Direct my steps according to thy word: and let no iniquity have dominion over me. Redeem me from the calumnies of men: that I may keep thy commandments. Make thy face to shine upon thy servant: and teach me thy justifications.

My eyes have sent forth springs of water: because they have not kept thy law.

SADE

Thou art just, O Lord: and thy judgment is right. Thou hast commanded justice thy testimonies: and thy truth exceedingly. My zeal hath made me pine away: because my enemies forgot thy words. Thy word is exceedingly refined: and thy servant hath loved it.

I am very young and despised; but I forgot not thy justifications. Thy justice is justice for ever: and thy law is the truth. Trouble and anguish have found me: thy commandments are my meditation. Thy testimonies are justice for ever: give me understanding, and I shall live.
The Apocalypse of St. John 3:7-13

And to the angel of the church of Philadelphia, write: These things saith the Holy One and the true one, he that hath the key of David; he that openeth, and no man shutteth; shutteth, and no man openeth: I know thy works. Behold, I have given before thee a door opened, which no man can shut: because thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name. Behold, I will bring of the synagogue of Satan, who say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie. Behold, I will make them to come and adore before thy feet. And they shall know that I have loved thee. Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I will also keep thee from the hour of the temptation, which shall come upon the whole world to try them that dwell upon the earth.

Behold, I come quickly: hold fast that which thou hast, that no man take thy crown. He that shall overcome, I will make him a pillar in the temple of my God; and he shall go out no more; and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God, and my new name. He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith to the churches.
(Stand)
Apostles' Creed 


I believe in God,
the Father Almighty,
Creator of heaven and earth,
and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord,
who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,
born of the Virgin Mary,
suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, died and was buried;
He descended into hell;
on the third day He rose again from the dead;
He ascended into heaven,
and is seated at the right hand of God the Father Almighty;
from there He will come to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit,
the Holy Catholic Church,
the communion of Saints,
the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body,
and life everlasting.

Our Father

Our Father, who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come, thy will be done
On Earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation
and deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Dismissal


May the Lord bless us, protect us from all evil and bring us to everlasting life.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment