Saturday, June 1, 2019

Matins of Pentecost Wednesday

(Kneeling, make the Sign of the Cross)
In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.

Amen.

Lord, open my lips
and my mouth will proclaim thy praise.

Amen.

Announcement: The Wednesday after Pentecost

Verse: That which you have, hold fast until I come.

Psalm 118 J, K, L


JOD

Thy hands have made me and formed me: give me understanding, and I will learn thy commandments. They that fear thee shall see me, and shall be glad: because I have greatly hoped in thy words. I know, O Lord, that thy judgments are equity: and in thy truth thou hast humbled me.

O! let thy mercy be for my comfort, according to thy word unto thy servant. Let thy tender mercies come unto me, and I shall live: for thy law is my meditation. Let the proud be ashamed, because they have done unjustly towards me: but I will be employed in thy commandments. Let them that fear thee turn to me and they that know thy testimonies. Let my heart be undefiled in thy justifications, that I may not be confounded.


CAPH 

My soul hath fainted after thy salvation: and in thy word I have very much hoped. My eyes have failed for thy word, saying: When wilt thou comfort me? For I am become like a bottle in the frost: I have not forgotten thy justifications. How many are the days of thy servant: when wilt thou execute judgment on them that persecute me? The wicked have told me fables: but not as thy law.

All thy statutes are truth: they have persecuted me unjustly, do thou help me. They had almost made an end of me upon earth: but I have not forsaken thy commandments. Quicken thou me according to thy mercy: and I shall keep the testimonies of thy mouth. 

LAMED

For ever, O Lord, thy word standeth firm in heaven. Thy truth unto all generations: thou hast founded the earth, and it continueth.

By thy ordinance the day goeth on: for all things serve thee. Unless thy law had been my meditation, I had then perhaps perished in my abjection. Thy justifications I will never forget: for by them thou hast given me life. I am thine, save thou me: for I have sought thy justifications. The wicked have waited for me to destroy me: but I have understood thy testimonies.

I have seen an end to all persecution: thy commandment is exceeding broad. 


The Apocalypse of St. John 2:18-29

And to the angel of the church of Thyatira write: These things saith the Son of God, who hath his eyes like to a flame of fire, and his feet like to fine brass. I know thy works, and thy faith, and thy charity, and thy ministry, and thy patience, and thy last works which are more than the former. But I have against thee a few things: because thou sufferest the woman Jezabel, who calleth herself a prophetess, to teach, and to seduce my servants, to commit fornication, and to eat of things sacrificed to idols.

And I gave her a time that she might do penance, and she will not repent of her fornication. Behold, I will cast her into a bed: and they that commit adultery with her shall be in very great tribulation, except they do penance from their deeds. And I will kill her children with death, and all the churches shall know that I am he that searcheth the reins and hearts, and I will give to every one of you according to your works. But to you I say, And to the rest who are at Thyatira: Whosoever have not this doctrine, and who have not known the depths of Satan, as they say, I will not put upon you any other burden. Yet that, which you have, hold fast till I come.

And he that shall overcome, and keep my works unto the end, I will give him power over the nations. And he shall rule them with a rod of iron, and as the vessel of a potter they shall be broken, As I also have received of my Father: and I will give him the morning star. He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith to the churches.


(Stand)
Apostles' Creed 


I believe in God,
the Father Almighty,
Creator of heaven and earth,
and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord,
who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,
born of the Virgin Mary,
suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, died and was buried;
He descended into hell;
on the third day He rose again from the dead;
He ascended into heaven,
and is seated at the right hand of God the Father Almighty;
from there He will come to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit,
the Holy Catholic Church,
the communion of Saints,
the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body,
and life everlasting.

Our Father

Our Father, who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come, thy will be done
On Earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation
and deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Dismissal

May the Lord bless us, protect us from all evil and bring us to everlasting life.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment