Saturday, June 1, 2019

Matins of Pentecost Saturday

(Kneeling, make the Sign of the Cross)
In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.

Amen.

Lord, open my lips
and my mouth will proclaim thy praise.

Amen.

Announcement: The Saturday after Pentecost

Verse: Behold, I stand at the gate, and knock

Psalm 118 S, T, U

COPH

I cried with my whole heart, hear me, O Lord: I will seek thy justifications.

I cried unto thee, save me: that I may keep thy commandments. I prevented the dawning of the day, and cried: because in thy words I very much hoped. My eyes to thee have prevented the morning: that I might meditate on thy words. Hear thou my voice, O Lord, according to thy mercy: and quicken me according to thy mercy. They that persecute me have drawn nigh to iniquity; but they are gone far off from the law.

Thou art near, O Lord: and all thy ways are truth. I have known from the beginning concerning thy testimonies: that thou hast founded them for ever. 

RES

See my humiliation and deliver me: for I have not forgotten the law. Judge my judgment and redeem me: quicken thou me for thy word's sake. Salvation is far from sinners; because they have not sought thy justifications.

Many, O Lord, are thy mercies: quicken me according to thy judgment. Many are they that persecute me, and afflict me; but I have not declined from thy testimonies. I beheld the transgressors, and I pined away; because they kept not thy word. Behold I have loved thy commandments, O Lord; quicken me thou in thy mercy. The beginning of thy words is truth: all the judgments of thy justice are for ever.

SIN 

Princes have persecuted me without cause: and my heart hath been in awe of thy words. I will rejoice at thy words, as one that hath found great spoil. I have hated and abhorred iniquity; but I have loved thy law. Seven times a day I have given praise to thee, for the judgments of thy justice. Much peace have they that love thy law, and to them there is no stumbling block.

I looked to thy salvation, O Lord: and I loved thy commandments. My soul hath kept thy testimonies: and hath loved them exceedingly. I have kept thy commandments and thy testimonies: because all my ways are in thy sight.
The Apocalypse of St. John 3:14-22

And to the angel of the church of Laodicea, write: These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, who is the beginning of the creation of God: I know thy works, that thou art neither cold, nor hot. I would thou wert cold, or hot.

But because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold, nor hot, I will begin to vomit thee out of my mouth. Because thou sayest: I am rich, and made wealthy, and have need of nothing: and knowest not, that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked. I counsel thee to buy of me gold fire tried, that thou mayest be made rich; and mayest be clothed in white garments, and that the shame of thy nakedness may not appear; and anoint thy eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see. Such as I love, I rebuke and chastise. Be zealous therefore, and do penance. Behold, I stand at the gate, and knock. If any man shall hear my voice, and open to me the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

To him that shall overcome, I will give to sit with me in my throne: as I also have overcome, and am set down with my Father in his throne. He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith to the churches.
(Stand)
Apostles' Creed 


I believe in God,
the Father Almighty,
Creator of heaven and earth,
and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord,
who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,
born of the Virgin Mary,
suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, died and was buried;
He descended into hell;
on the third day He rose again from the dead;
He ascended into heaven,
and is seated at the right hand of God the Father Almighty;
from there He will come to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit,
the Holy Catholic Church,
the communion of Saints,
the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body,
and life everlasting.

Our Father

Our Father, who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come, thy will be done
On Earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation
and deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Dismissal


May the Lord bless us, protect us from all evil and bring us to everlasting life.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment