Saturday, June 1, 2019

Matins of Pentecost Thursday

(Kneeling, make the Sign of the Cross)
In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.

Amen.

Lord, open my lips
and my mouth will proclaim thy praise.

Amen.

Announcement: The Thursday after Pentecost

Verse: He that shall overcome shall be clothed in white garments and I will confess his name before my Father.

Psalm 118: M, N, O

MEM

O how have I loved thy law, O Lord! it is my meditation all the day. Through thy commandment, thou hast made me wiser than my enemies: for it is ever with me. I have understood more than all my teachers: because thy testimonies are my meditation. I have had understanding above ancients: because I have sought thy commandments.

I have restrained my feet from every evil way: that I may keep thy words. I have not declined from thy judgments, because thou hast set me a law. How sweet are thy words to my palate! more than honey to my mouth. By thy commandments I have had understanding: therefore have I hated every way of iniquity. 

NUN 

Thy word is a lamp to my feet, and a light to my paths.

I have sworn and am determined to keep the judgments of thy justice. I have been humbled, O Lord, exceedingly: quicken thou me according to thy word. The free offerings of my mouth make acceptable, O Lord: and teach me thy judgments. My soul is continually in my hands: and I have not forgotten thy law. Sinners have laid a snare for me: but I have not erred from thy precepts.

I have purchased thy testimonies for an inheritance for ever: because they are a joy to my heart. I have inclined my heart to do thy justifications for ever, for the reward. 

SAMECH 

I have hated the unjust: and have loved thy law. Thou art my helper and my protector: and in thy word I have greatly hoped. Depart from me, ye malignant: and I will search the commandments of my God.

Uphold me according to thy word, and I shall live: and let me not be confounded in my expectation. Help me, and I shall be saved: and I will meditate always on thy justifications. Thou hast despised all them that fall off from thy judgments; for their thought is unjust. I have accounted all the sinners of the earth prevaricators: therefore have I loved thy testimonies. Pierce thou my flesh with thy fear: for I am afraid of thy judgments.
The Apocalypse of St. John 3:1-6

And to the angel of the church of Sardis, write: These things saith he, that hath the seven spirits of God, and the seven stars: I know thy works, that thou hast the name of being alive: and thou art dead. Be watchful and strengthen the things that remain, which are ready to die. For I find not thy works full before my God. Have in mind therefore in what manner thou hast received and heard: and observe, and do penance. If then thou shalt not watch, I will come to thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know at what hour I will come to thee. But thou hast a few names in Sardis, which have not defiled their garments: and they shall walk with me in white, because they are worthy. He that shall overcome, shall thus be clothed in white garments, and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, and I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith to the churches.
(Stand)
Apostles' Creed 


I believe in God,
the Father Almighty,
Creator of heaven and earth,
and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord,
who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,
born of the Virgin Mary,
suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, died and was buried;
He descended into hell;
on the third day He rose again from the dead;
He ascended into heaven,
and is seated at the right hand of God the Father Almighty;
from there He will come to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit,
the Holy Catholic Church,
the communion of Saints,
the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body,
and life everlasting.

Our Father

Our Father, who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come, thy will be done
On Earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation
and deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Dismissal


May the Lord bless us, protect us from all evil and bring us to everlasting life.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment